Stress, defined by Lazarus, is when the demands exceed the personal and social resources the individual is able to mobilise to adapt to the conditions. In this episode, Jen discusses how high stress impacts women’s health and what you can do to break the stress loop.
Did you enjoy the podcast today? Please let me know by leaving a review on your favourite podcast platform. Every month I draw one lucky reviewer to have a free one-hour consultation with me. Also, remember to subscribe wherever you’re tuning in from so that you always catch the next episode.
SIGNS THAT YOU ARE NOT BALANCED
BIOHACKING IS – Living From A Place Of Prevention Everything We Do Today Impacts Our Health In The Future & It All Adds Up
It is not the strongest or most intelligent of the species that survive, but the one most responsive to change. Charles Darwin
Adrenal Glands Are Recharged With Good Rest, Good Food And Good Play
Between 7-9 Hours Sleeps to Recharge Effectively
Most Important Time is 10pm – 2am
The vagus nerve tells the stomach To churn the food within it To produce stomach acid.
A damaged or under-active vagus nerve = low stomach acid levels and low enzyme production.
DOWNLOAD MY FREE – FEED YOUR BODY EBOOK
GOOD PLAY – 1% OF YOUR DAY IS 15MINS
Balancing 1 Hour to Yourself Daily
- 15 minutes Relax i.e. meditate/ just be still
- 15 minutes Educate yourself
- 15 minutes Play with yourself
- 15 minutes Play with someone you care about
“If you are in a bad mood go for a walk. If you are still in a bad mood go for another walk.”
- Digestive System – vomiting or diarrhoea.
- Kidneys – filters toxins out of the blood into the urine.
- Lymphatic System – The vacuum cleaner for your blood. Our body’s ‘sewerage system’.
- Liver – Changes the chemical nature of toxins.
- Skin is the biggest eliminating body system
NSDR – NON SLEEP DEEP REST
“NSDR is a state which can be achieved by dampening down our nervous systems by removing stimulants from our environment” Dr. Andrew Huberman
Neuroscientist and Professor at Stanford University School of Medicine
Try 5-5-5 breathing.
Follow these steps.
- Inhale very slowly through your nose for 5 seconds: 1-2-3-4-5.
- Exhale very slowly through your nose or mouth for 5 seconds: 1-2-3-4-5.
- Wait for 5 seconds: 1-2-3-4-5.
- Repeat the process three more times (1 minute total).
- Notice how you feel. (You should feel calmer.) Nam Baldwin
COLD WATER THERAPY
- Improve circulation & reduce inflammation
- Boost metabolism to facilitate weight loss
- Boost the immune system & lymphatic cleansing
- Regulate mood & improve mental resilience
End your shower with 2 mins of cold water
HEALTHY LIFE HACKS
The Healthy Life Hacks I want to share with you today are:
- Share with someone who would benefit.
Did you enjoy the podcast today? Please let me know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Every month I draw one lucky reviewer to have a free one-hour consultation with me. Also, remember to subscribe wherever you’re tuning in from so that you always catch the next episode.
Are you looking for more great resources? Get a free copy of my Feed Your Body ebook here and be sure to explore my blog while you are there.